Phidgets Flash API, CE 5.0 + Rotation Sensor

Topics: Developer Forum
Sep 26, 2006 at 1:17 AM
Hi guys - any help with this would be great.

I have a Phidgets rotation sensor hooked up to an 8/8/8 interface kit which is talking quite nicely to a Flash movie in Win XP SPII. Basically, the rotation sensor scrolls a JPEG from left to right as a mouse would. The problem is that, even though there is a Phidgets CE 5.0 driver, I'm having trouble finding a Ce 5.0 Flash player...any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
Sep 26, 2006 at 1:16 PM
If you're working on an ARM based device you may try to use the PocketPC version of flash player. You may be able to adapt it to your device (it's better to contact macromedia to know if you can include it in your OS image).
Macromedia provides also a "player SDK" for embedded deviced:
http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer_sdk/
but this requires an additional license agreement with macromedia and I don't know if it's free or if it has a fixed/royalty based pricing.
In any case I think you'll have to test if the flash libraries work on a different platform. If flash interfaces through DLL calls o COM it may work, since those technologies are supported also on Windows CE.
If it includes some binary code it should not run since Windows CE has a different set of APIs and binaries for Windows cannot run on CE (even on the x86 platform).